A good high chair really depends on what your needs are. We have created a list on some of the best baby high chairs as well as buyers guide to help you make a well-informed decision when purchasing a high chair for your baby
Table of Contents
- Boon Flair Pedestal High Chair
- Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray
- Svan Wooden High Chair with Removable Tray, Espresso
- Graco Contempo Highchair
- Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System
- Fisher-Price Precious Planet Sky Blue High Chair
- Stokke Tripp Trapp Highchair
- OXO Tot Sprout Chair
- Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair
- Wooden High Chair
- How To Buy Baby High Chairs
Boon Flair Pedestal High Chair
The Boon Flair Pedestal High Chair introduces the use of the pneumatic lift in finding the correct position of the seat height. It enables the user to adjust the seat height if need to match the height of a table. It is a convenient high chair that comes out of the packaging box already assembled.
The Boon Flair Pedestal High Chair has a silky-smooth and shiny finish. The high chair is designed to be in a single piece style for ease of use. The shape of the high chair emphasizes modern concept and superior back support. The removable plastic tray cover is also easy to clean because it is designed to be dishwasher safe.
This is an attractive high chair which provides ease of use and solid design. Its solid construction and weight securely accommodate the child by providing safety and stability.
Features and specifications
- The maximum suggested weight in which this high chair can handle is approximately 50 pounds.
- This high chair is recommended for children up to 4 years of age.
- The height of its seat ranges from 21 to 26.25 inches.
- The platform of this high chair contains 6 urethane casters which prevent damaging the floors.
- The included accessory involves 2 tray liners.
- It efficiently slides along in every direction with its even platform.
- This high chair has a 5-point belt for safety purposes.
- A pneumatic lift is specifically designed and introduced in this high chair to precisely adjust the height of the seat in the easiest possible way.
- It can be placed near tables without difficulty because of its large and heavy platform.
- The plastic substance found on this high chair does not contain PVC, BpA, and phthalate.
Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray
The Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray is made of wood which is easy to clean. The chair also comes with an optional cushion for its back and seat portions. The plastic tray cover is prepared with Polypropylene material. It is a plastic material accepted for the safe handling of food. Some plastic food containers are commonly made of Polypropylene material. The plastic tray cover also aids in providing protection to the exterior of the wooden tray.
Supports Your Growing Child
The Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray can provide seat capacity from a 6 months old child up to a teen or adult with an estimated maximum weight of 250 pounds. Its foot and seat adjustability function makes it suitable for the young and old population. The seat is capable of supporting three-fourths of the child’s thought to make it comfortable for them.
Comfortable Tray And Seat
The clever design of Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray is exceptional in providing safety, comfort, and flexibility. Any child can find comfort in its well-cushioned seat and back portion. It’s wood and plastic materials are safe and designed to provide security and durability.
Features of the Keekaroo Height Right High Chair with Tray
- This high chair meets the necessary requirements for safety established by the American Society for Testing and Materials Standard F 404-07 which is the Standard Consumer Safety Specification for High Chairs.
- The Polypropylene plastic material on the plastic tray cover meets the safety requirements established by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- The plastic tray cover is dishwasher safe.
- Cleaning the surface of the wooden high chair is easy because it only requires a combination of soap and lukewarm water.
- The position of the foot and seat plates can be adjusted in order to support the height of the child.
- The position of the seat plate can be adjusted to suit the depth requirements of every child.
- It has a 3-point detachable pelvic safety belt which keeps the child in a firm and safe position.
- The included infant insert is made of a soft scratch-resistant material.
- The estimated weight of the chair is 19 pounds.
- It has an available warranty of 5 years.
Svan Wooden High Chair with Removable Tray, Espresso
Svan is a company that was started in Sweden and raised in the U.S. It all began when two Swedish fathers, Anders Fallman and Kjell Hagstrom designed the first Svan High Chair in 1996. It got its name from the Swedish word for swan as the Svan High Chair is characterized by the curved main beam much like the neck of a swan. The company is now owned by Scandinavian Child, a company based in the U.S. which exclusively distributes other high-end brands of baby and children products. We’ll go over their interesting a popular wooden high chair and show you what you need to know.
Features and specifications
- Fully adjustable seat depth.
- Adjustable seat and footrest heights.
- Three-point safety harness.
- Certified for Product Safety by the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) and the JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association).
- Comes with a set of Allen keys.
- Easy-to-clean, removable, and dishwasher-safe plastic cover for the tray that is BPA-free and Phthalate-free.
- Made from environment-friendly and low-maintenance bent Birchwood material.
- Removable safety guard.
- Multi-functional which can serve as a high chair for toddlers up to three years, a youth chair for ages between 8 and 10, and later on, as an adult chair.
- Available in five finishes: Whitewash, natural, cherry, mahogany, and espresso.
- As a high chair, it can sit children up to three years old, as a youth chair it can support weights of up to 120 lbs., and as an adult chair, it can support a weight of up to 250 lbs.
- The Svan High Chair seat height can be adjusted between the range of 18 ½” to 22”, and the seat depth between 6” to 9” or more.
- The height of the footrest can be adjusted from 5” to 17”.
- Weighs less than 20 lbs.
- Quick assembly time (30 minutes).
- Comes with a Two-year Manufacturer’s Warranty.
Graco has been in the business of making families happy for over five decades and has won numerous awards along the way. In fact, the company has received awards and recognitions for each of its product categories: car seats, strollers, activity centers, and high chairs. Its line of high chairs has been given the “Editor’s Choice” and “Mother’s Tested Seal” award for several consecutive years. The Graco Contempo Highchair is one of their latest products being offered by the company.
Features and specifications
- Slimmest folding high chair from this brand. The Graco Contempo Highchair is 42% slimmer when folded as compared with other brands.
- Has three recline levels and six height adjustments.
- Contoured seat for infant body support.
- Convertible three and five-point harness.
- 100% fully assembled.
- Locking caster wheels for added mobility.
- Seat pad that is machine-washable and tray insert that is dishwasher-safe.
- Extra seat pad.
- Cup holder, snack tray, and meal tray.
- Removable head support.
- Weighs 23 lbs.
- A height of 42”, a width of 23”, and a length of 32”.
- Can hold babies that are one month old up to toddlers that are three years old and not weighing more than 40 lbs.
- Available in 7 colors: blue, black, brown, cream, orange, pink, and tan.
- Available in 9 different models or patterns.
- Made from plastic and metal.
- Limited Warranty for a period of one year.
Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System
Everything about the Graco Blossom Highchair was designed to adapt to your growing and aging child. It converts from a high chair to a toddler booster seat with 6 different height adjustments and 3 different recline positions. Graco also made this chair really easy to wipe down and clean as well.
They call it the Graco Blossom high chair because it’s supposed to grow and blossom along with your child. This is really nice because quality and safe high chairs aren’t always cheap. So, you’ll definitely be getting your money’s worth because this chair will stick around for years.
Easy To Clean
Children can be really messy when it’s time to eat. Graco made sure that the tray is removable and dishwasher safe. They also made sure that the seats are food and liquid resistant so that all you have to do is wipe them down. If they have to get really messy, then you can just throw them in the washer.
Features and specifications
- 4-in-1 seating system (high chair, infant feeding booster, toddler booster, and youth chair)
- As a high chair, it can carry weights of up to 40 lbs. and is perfect for babies from 6 months old to toddlers up to 3 years old.
- As an infant feeding booster, the seat portion can be detached from the base of the high chair and easily attached to the base of the booster. Can be used by three-year-olds weighing up to 60 lbs.
- As a toddler booster, the seat insert can be removed and placed on a chair to serve as a booster for toddlers. The Graco Blossom Highchair also comes with a second toddler booster.
- As a youth chair, the seat insert can be attached to the base without the top seat for use by children weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Weighs 31.8 lbs., and has dimensions of 41” in height, 22.5” in width, and 29” in depth.
- Removable and dishwasher-safe plastic tray.
- Easy, one-hand tray removal.
- Reclining seat that can be adjusted in three different positions.
- Head and body support for infants.
- The footrest that can be adjusted in three different positions.
- Six-position chair height adjustment.
- Lockable wheels for easier mobility.
- Available in four different color patterns: Capri, Clairmont, Edgemont, and Hathaway.
- Comes with a small snack tray and a big tray with cover.
- Easy maintenance footrest and frame, and washable seat pad.
- Three-point and five-point harness safety system.
- Comes with a One-year Limited Warranty.
Fisher-Price Precious Planet Sky Blue High Chair
The Fisher-Price Precious Planet Sky Blue High Chair is a more economical and reliable choice for those who don’t want to pay top dollar for a high chair. It’s a chair designed to distract and be very welcoming for your child as you work in the kitchen or have them sitting at the dinner table with you. It comes with a little lion suction cup toy that they can look forward to and be entertained by. The coolest thing about this high chair is how easily you can clean it. The seat is easy to wipe down (put it the washer machine if you’d like) and the meal tray is dishwasher safe.
Features and specifications
- Baby will be entertained by the suction cup lion toy
- Blue food tray is dishwasher safe and can be removed with one hand
- Reclines in 3 different positions
- Includes 7 different seat height adjustments
- Seat is food and drink resistant, making it easy to wipe, also machine washable
- Weighs 50 pounds
- Has 4 casters that lock so the chair won’t roll
- Legs can be folded so you can store it if necessary
Parents also love that it’s a really fun high chair for their child. It has a friendly giraffe and monkey for the seat and a little lion toy that is suction cupped to the feeding table so that they are distracted while you’re making dinner or whatever you need to do. This is actually working out well for many parents who bought it and they are talking about in the reviews.
Assembly seemed to be a little bit of a hassle for some. There are complaints about some of the screws not fitting properly. However, not everyone had trouble with the screws. There are also some complaints that it doesn’t latch when you fold it, so the legs are free-swinging when it’s collapsed. These issues, however, seem to be small in the big picture of things.
Overall, this is a very solid, sturdy, and economical chair for parents who need a reliable solution. I’ve read a few times about how parents were glad that they didn’t have to go after a more expensive option and are glad that they didn’t.
Stokke Tripp Trapp Highchair
The Tripp Trapp is the most popular selling wooden high chair on Amazon.com. Despite it’s very simple design, it’s extremely functional. It adjusts to seven different seat heights to accommodate your growing child. Adults can even use this chair if they wanted to. It ensures safety with a five-point harness, has a comfortable seat and ergonomic backrest and comes in many different colors. We are a fan of wooden high chairs like the Tripp Trapp because it matches furniture extremely well.
Works For Many Different Ages And Comes In Many Colors
The Stokke Tripp Trapp chair has a series of rivets that run down the inside part of the legs. You can remove the seat and the footrest in order to fit your child comfortably. To be honest, adults can use this as a chair if they wanted to. Amazon also has it in 11 different colors that you can choose from.
Safe And Durable
The chair comes with a 5-point harness that straps over your child’s shoulders and wraps around the waist. This feature is primarily used for toddlers and can be removed for older children. The frame is built with a strong cultivated beech wood in order to make it sturdy and able hold up to 300 pounds.
Features and specifications
- A safe and ergonomic design which allows for freedom of movement but at the same time ensures safety.
- Unique adjustability of seat and foot plate in terms of depth and height which ensures that no matter how high one gets, he is still able to sit properly and comfortably at the dinner table.
- Made from environmentally safe cultivated beech wood.
- Comes with an Extended Warranty good for 7 years.
- Varnished in 16 different colors (from the basic colors to American Walnut, European Oak, Whitewash, Natural, Walnut Brown, and Cherry).
- Measures 78 cm. in height, 49 cm. in depth, and 46 cm. in width.
- Can support a weight of up to 300 lbs.
- Comes with a five-point safety harness.
- Easy maintenance with the use of a clean damp cloth.
- Received the Award for Design Excellence by the Norwegian Design Council.
- Given the Product Safety Certification by JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association, Inc.).
- Comes equipped with an Allen wrench and extended gliders which provide greater backward stability specifically when using the Tripp Trapp with the harness.
OXO Tot Sprout Chair
A comfortable support for the lumbar part of your toddlers back is provided by the OXO Tot Sprout Chair. Its back portion is cushioned in foam material and also encourages toddlers to sit in an upright position. The high chair is equipped with a 5-point belt for safety and is designed specifically for toddlers ranging from 6 months to 5 years old.
Designed For Growing Children
The height and the deepness level of the seat can be adjusted to match the child’s height. The elevation level of the footrest can also be adjusted according to the child’s age. The 5-point belt and the crotch post can be easily detached to transform the high chair into a chair suitable for toddlers of 3 to 5 years of age. Modifying the position of the seat, plastic tray, and footrest does not require the use of tools.
Made To Be Durable And Easy to Clean
The OXO Tot Sprout Chair is structured with wood material with a glossy finish. Its foam and wood material make it possible for cleaning the high chair in an easier and faster manner. It is available in orange, green, and taupe colors.
Features and specifications
- The vertical length of this high chair is specifically designed to correspond with the standard height of a dining table.
- The fabric and the design of this high chair are created to balance all types of home interior decorations.
- The outer surface of this high chair involves a little amount of time for cleaning.
- The crotch post, 5-point belt, and plastic food tray are detachable.
- This product acts in accordance with the rules and regulations being set by the American Society for Testing and Materials Standard.
- The materials found on this product are free from BPA, PVC, and phthalate.
- It has 4 independent calibrated settings for a footrest.
- The adjustment of the footrest and the height and depth of the seat does not involve the use of tools.
- The available slot on the plastic food tray is able to hold an estimated amount of 7 ounces of liquid.
- This high chair is equipped with a 5-point belt for security and reliability.
- The height and depth of the seat is adjustable up to 3 stages.
- It is designed for children ranging from 6 months to 5 years of age.
- This high chair has an estimated weight of 28.7 pounds.
The Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair is a great alternative for parents who don’t want to deal with a bulky high-chair. You get all the benefits that a full-sized high chair provides and more. It was made to make sure it can save you space in the kitchen and that it could fit most chairs. All you do is place it on a chair in your kitchen where you can strap it down to the back of a chair with its built-in harnesses.
Easy To Clean And Store
Robust high-chairs nowadays should make it easy by allowing you to disconnect the tray and play it in the dishwasher. They also need to make it so the pads are machine washable. The Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair doesn’t fall short of this expectation, which is good for parents who are always on the go and could use some help with cleaning.
Because it’s not a full-size high chair, you don’t have to worry about how the legs fold so you can store it. It also makes it easy to take on trips.
Adapts To Your Growing Baby
The 5-point harness converts over to a 3-point harness, turning the high chair into a booster seat for kids who are getting older. This allows you to remove the seat pad and the seat back to make it a functional booster chair.
Features and specifications
- Designed to save space in the kitchen
- Has all the same features as a full-sized high chair
- Dishwasher safe try
- Removable seat pads and seat back
- Seat pads are easy to wipe and are machine washable
- Converts into a booster chair
- Easy to store and take on trips
- Little assembly needed
- Instruction Manual
- Weight capacity: 50 lbs
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Free Shipping Available
Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair
The Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair is another popular option among parents because it offers a priceless feature: Distraction. This is another Fisher-Price baby high chair (see Fisher-Price Precious Planet Sky Blue High Chair Review) that offers a way for parents to get things done like cooking a meal or doing laundry while their child has a fun toy to keep their attention. The chair and seat pads are also rainforests themed to make it more inviting, your kids do notice these things!
Distraction Is Bliss
The rainforest toys are playfully interactive with lights, music, and different sounds. The toy is snapped to the tray so it won’t fall off, but you can remove easily if you’d like. The tray also has a tethered rainforest toy attached to it as well. Now, distraction isn’t the only benefit here. Your child is also stimulating their motor and visual skills, just like many of the other toys that are designed for babies. They’ll get to grasp the toys with their hands, press the button for different sounds, associate sounds with the different animals. It’s a good development experience.
Every parent knows that a high chair that is easy to clean is well worth it. The tray is dishwasher safe and the seat pads are removable so you can wipe them down and clean them easier. The seat pads will also not absorb fluids or spills. Also, say for instance you only have one hand to work with (maybe because you’re carrying your baby), you can remove the tray with one hand.
Features and specifications
- Rainforest theme and toy, great for distraction and motor skill/visual development
- Toy is removable, snaps in and out of the tray
- Also, includes tethered toy on tray
- 7 different height adjustments
- Chair pad and seat straps are removable, easy to clean
- Tray is dishwasher safe, can be removed with one hand
- Easy to assemble, does include small parts so only adults should assemble
- Weight capacity 50 pounds
Wooden High Chair
These days, parents no longer see the need to sacrifice style when purchasing high chairs for their toddlers, since they now have a wide variety of choices (ranging from the traditional to the more modern high chair types) available in the market these days. Great options include the standardized plastic or metal high chairs to the wooden high chair design types, which offers a more traditional and durable appeal.
A wooden high chair has the clear distinction of providing quality, durability and being eco-friendly. You can purchase it in natural hardwood, cedar wood, aspen and birch wood. Whatever you fancy, you can be sure that wooden chairs, in general, can match your children’s bedroom theme. You can also be sure that such sturdy chairs will last for years and will endure even the roughest child that gets a chance to sit on it. Here are some great ideas to choose from that can suit your child’s needs well.
Chairries Wooden High Chairs
These are stackable wooden chairs available in varying seat heights and with rounded corners and edges for safety. These also feature handholds within the armrests for easy grips. Its UV finish makes for an easy-to-clean and stain-resistant surface.
Rocking Wooden High Chairs
Wooden rocking chair types come in varying seat dimensions and heights to fit in toddlers and young children up to ten years old. It’s unfinished wood gives you an option to put on your own choice of finish, or simply leave it as it is. Such wooden high chair types are sanded for that smooth and splinter-fee surface.
Ladderback Wooden High Chairs
This type comes complete with chair back rails just perfect for gripping and spaced in for safety. It has a natural hardwood finish available in various height settings for young children of different ages. The foot, made of plastic does not snag carpet fabrics with it or leave out rust marks on the floor.
Log Wooden High Chairs
A log chair is made from unfinished cedar wood complete with recessed screws and well-sanded edges for safety. The cedar wood component makes it the perfect outdoor high chair on hot summer days because of its thermal insulating properties, which makes it perfectly safe and cool to sit on.
When purchasing a wooden high chair, it is important to take note of the necessary considerations, benefits, and disadvantages, since everything in it must represent safety for your child sitting on it. Wooden high chairs are known to be more durable than their plastic counterparts. With proper care, it becomes an heirloom and will last for generations. What it lacks from the plastic model types is that it cannot fold itself up, thus taking up space.
Cleaning is also a breeze when it comes to the wooden high chair. You can simply wipe it clean using a clean damp rug. It also cost more than those metal and plastic high chairs because of the high costs of the materials. However, with the quality of such materials that last wooden high chairs for a very long time, the costs will eventually become irrelevant.
How To Buy Baby High Chairs
Today’s baby high chairs are a great improvement compared to its previous counterparts of the past. They have various features like the one-hand tray release, wheels for easy maneuverability, height adjustments and recline for the seat. When buying one, it would help a lot to take on the following considerations:
Safety features of the high chair
When it comes to the number of whistles and bells you would want to come with your high chair, it all boils down to your personal choices. However, your primary concern will always be its safety features. If you want harnesses, make sure they are reliable and that people have confidence in them. Make sure your chair has a bar that stands in between your baby’s legs when sitting to prevent slipping from under the tray. On top of that, you should also check to see how sturdy it is.
To begin with, baby high chairs must have a wide base complete with a low gravity center. You can determine this by giving it a good shake to simulate your excited and wiggling baby. A wide base is evidently much easier when you reach down and under to pick up spilled foods. Ask yourself if it could easily tip over.
Wheel functions and locking mechanisms
A high chair complete with wheels would be a great thing if you need to move your baby from one place to another when feeding, but it should come complete with stable locks on its wheels to prevent from moving away and for general safety purposes.
Height and recline adjustments
A height adjustment feature is important if you plan to keep it for the long term. You can adjust the height so it can be easy for your arms come feeding time. Reclining chairs are useful when holding infants and toddlers, especially those who often fall asleep while eating.
Your baby’s high chair must have durable and washable belt straps. A crotch strap on the belt that secures the baby’s hips must also be attached to the belt. Stay away from those high chair models that offer only loops going around the waist since it’s way too easy for the baby to slip out.
Easily washable cushions
High chairs get dirty and grimy all the time. It would be smart to choose those types that wash well. You can go for vinyl cushions since they are to wipe clean. You just have to be careful about its sharp edges. Cloth cushions, on the other hand, should be made of durable thick fabrics, both removable and machine-washable.
Some chairs really won’t go well with your kitchen or the rest of your house but they can serve their purpose really well and offer a ton of features to keep your baby safe and comfortable. However, there are more and more chairs that are coming out that are reliable and safe chairs that look good. You just might have to make some comprises for the nicer looking chairs and potentially lose some features.